How to Report a Concern Regarding a Residential Facility
Be specific! This allows the investigating agency to verify and then act on the complaint. This includes concerns regarding possible abuse, lack of supervision/inadequate staffing, unsafe or unsanitary conditions, use of physical and chemical restraints, medication concerns , and treatment concerns.
If you or someone you care about is in immediate danger, call 911. DRA is not an emergency responder!
Information to Capture
- Names / description of staff or residents
- Documentation (Photos, police reports, etc)
- Position and how long you have worked there (employee – current or former)
- To report abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a child, call the Child Abuse Hotline at 800-482-5964 (TDD: 1-800-843-6349.) You can make a report to the hotline without giving your personal information. Please give as much information about the incident, the victim, and the alleged perpetrator as possible.
- To report abuse, neglect or exploitation of an adult, call Adult Protective Services at 800-482-8049 or click here.
- You can make a confidential report to DRA about abuse, neglect or exploitation in a facility HERE.
- You can also make a complaint about a psychiatric residential treatment facility (PRTF) through the Placement and Residential Licensing Unit (PRLU) or the Office of Long Term Care (OLTC).
Complete the form including as much detail as possible.
The form requires the name and address fields be completed. To report anonymously enter either Jane or John Doe for the name and “123 Complaint Street, Little Rock, AR 72201” for the address. For “county” enter the county where the facility is located if known, otherwise enter Pulaski County.
For “Unit Name” select “Placement and Residential Licensing.”