This is an important time of year for parents, students, and educators – back to school! It can also be a frustrating and scary time trying to navigate your child’s Individualized Education Program, or IEP. In adding transition services into the IEP, and a NEW proactive curriculum coming out to aid you in your IEP journey. I am so excited to be joined by Ally Thomlinson, Director of Arkansas Alliance for Disability Advocacy, Derek Henderson – Attorney at Disability Rights Arkansas and former educator, Mollie Hernandez – Advocate at Disability Rights Arkansas, former educator, and transition services extraordinaire, and finally Kyla Bishop – attorney at Disability Rights Arkansas.
- IEP Curriculum – (1:58) | (14:56)
- Individualized Education Programs (IEP) – (5:58)
- Parent Support Groups – (22:15)
- Dispute Resolutions – (25:07)
- Restraint & Seclusion – (31:10)
- Transition Services – (46:42)
- Rapid Fire Q&A – (53:48)
Resources / Helpful Links
- Arkansas Rehabilitation Services
- Arkansas Division of Services for the Blind
- Restraint & Seclusion YouTube Playlist
- Sample Letter for Reporting Bullying
- IEP Curriculum – Coming Soon!
- Transition Services Resource – Coming Soon!
- Self-Advocacy Curriculum – Coming Soon!