Census: 16. Buildings and grounds conducted, and MARs checked for 5 clients. No licensing concerns noted.
- Injury (Accidental)
- Client reported that on 3/19, she bumped her foot on a chair bolted to the floor. Client has a bruise on her left foot. X-ray ordered and completed on 3/21. Follow-up dated 3/28, but no details.
Census: 12. Buildings and grounds conducted, and MARs checked for 5 clients. No licensing concerns noted.
QRTP – Staff stated they needed a report filed for their records. Officers made contact with J1 and J2, who stated the argument started with “he said she said” comments about J1 having a lighter and possibly smoking. When J1 confronted J2 about the subject, both parties threw punches and rolled around “in a tussle”.
QRTP – Officers were dispatched for a runaway. Staff stated juvenile had returned prior to officers arrival. Officers confirmed juvenile had returned.
QRTP – Staff stated 2 juveniles were fighting and 1 was out of control. Upon arrival, staff stated some of the boys (2) that live there were holding down J1 in a back room. J1 stated J2 took his dice and would not give them back. J2 stated he bought his dice and J1s dice was stolen months ago. J1 stuck J2s arm in the toilet causing minor abrasion, punched him in the arms causing bruising, and ripped his shirt off. Staff stated J2 never struck J1. J1 was admitted to Maumelle Behavioral Hospital and charged with Terroristic Threatening 1st and Domestic Battery 3rd. J1 was issued citation #200726.
QRTP – J1 stated J2 came up to him and punched his shoulder, then started rubbing his head really hard. J1 stated as he was talking to staff, J2 grabbed his computer and ran off. J2 advised he was only playing with J1. Shortly after officers left scene, they returned for runaway report. Staff stated J2 and J3 ran away but came back. Officers confirmed J2 returned, but could not locate J3. J3 was located on 3/24; Staff advised J3 had been discharged from group home and would not be able to return to the location. PD will be taking J3 to DHS to contact caseworker.
QRTP – Officers responded for runaway report. Upon arrival, staff stated juvenile had returned. Contact was made with juvenile who appeared uninjured. Juvenile stated he ran away to make the workers do paperwork.
QRTP – Officers responded for runaway report. Upon arrival, staff stated juvenile was last seen around 1710 hours (officers responded at 5:28pm) and has since runaway. Staff stated juvenile is known to go to the Mighty Crab and ask for cigarettes. Info from 2/21: Juvenile returned at some point in the last 2 days but facility did not notify PD. Juvenile has run away again.
Census: 10 (1 admission expected in the afternoon). Buildings and grounds conducted; No licensing concerns noted.
QRTP – Staff stated juvenile ran away around 1730 hours; Staff advised that juvenile has a history of running away and usually returns after a few hours. At 2006 hours, officers responded to facility to confirm juvenile had returned. Officers made contact with juvenile.
QRTP – Officers were dispatched for a runaway juvenile; Upon arrival to facility, juvenile returned. Officers made contact with juvenile to confirm. Juvenile stated he wanted to take a walk and had jumped the fence.
QRTP – Staff advised 2 juveniles were last seen around 1715 hours and left together in unknown direction. Pulaski County advised on 2/9/22 that deputies had both subjects and facility was advised to contact DHS.
Census: 11 (1 discharging at 4pm). Buildings and grounds conducted, and MARs checked for 5 clients. No licensing concerns noted.
QRTP – Staff stated J1 was assaulted by 3 peers. J1 stated all 3 peers punched him in the face, back of the head, and kicked him in the head and sides of his torso while he laid on the ground in the fetal position (took place behind shed outside); Officers observed bruised left hand, multiple knots and abrasions to the face, left eye, forehead, and chin. Red marks were observed on the back of J1s neck and left side of his torso and what appeared to be hives on the right side. All peers admitted to the battery. All due to trading a cigarette for hot chocolate. Officer obtained pictures of the injuries.
QRTP – Staff advised that 3 juveniles ran away from facility. Officer advised staff to notify police if the juveniles returned.
Census: 12. Buildings and grounds conducted, and MARs checked for 5 clients; No licensing concerns noted.
911 hang up with no answer on call back. Officers made contact with subjects on scene.
- Injury (Peer Altercation)
- Client was involved in altercation with peer on 1/21, injuring her right foot. Client had been assessed by the nurse with no injury found. Client reported to the nurse manager on 1/24 that her foot had been hurting all weekend. An x-ray was ordered, and the findings were a fracture of the fifth proximal phalanx. No follow-up details.
- Census: 12. Buildings and grounds conducted, and MARs checked for 5 clients; No licensing concerns noted.
- Video viewed of incident at facility. Staff ratio within licensing limits and no inappropriate holds used. No licensing concerns regarding incident.
- Buildings and grounds conducted; MARs reviewed for 3 clients.
- Regs not correctable –
- R908.9.d – One medication sign-off was missing on January 3rd.
- Suicidal/Threatening Behavior
- After altercation with peer, client grabbed staff keys and ran through doors to the front of facility. Client then stopped and gave keys back to staff. Client slapped staff across face, and then came inside where she tried to choke herself with a cord. Client then attacked other staff members in foyer area. Client was sent to acute.
- Specialist visited facility on 1/24 and viewed video of incident (6:15 – 8:00pm). No licensing concerns regarding this incident.
Secured scene for MEMS.
QRTP – Officers responded for battery between 2 residents. The residents got in 2 fist fights, staff intervened both times. J2 had marks on his arms/neck but staff could not could not differentiate if the injuries were caused from yesterday’s incident. J1 had possible injury on his arms. Both Juveniles are housed on separate ends of the dorm. Staff advised J2 is a continual bully to J2.
QRTP – Officers responded for a missing person report but Juvenile had returned upon arrival. Staff advised J1 harmed J2 prior to leaving. J2 advised J1 dug a broken tooth brush into his skin because he would not give up his chair for him. Multiple scratches observed on J2.